Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Seal of My Heart by Sharon Hamilton: Book Tour, Excerpt & Carly's One Question

SEAL of my Heart - Book Cover


SEAL of My Heart
(SEAL Brotherhood, Book 7)
by Sharon Hamilton

Genre: Military romance, romantic suspense

Synopsis
Kate Morgan is engaged to the most eligible bachelor in Sonoma County, the son of a wealthy wine family in Healdsburg, California. On a flight to visit her sister in Portland she is seated next to a young hard-bodied elite soldier who ignites her insides in a strange attraction she cannot deny. Navy SEAL Tyler Gray plans to spend a weekend home before deploying to North Africa with the rest of his SEAL Team 3. But the conversation with Kate has him rethinking his future.

The encounter has both of them feeling fate has stepped into their lives and altered their course. Unable to just say goodbye as lovers, they agree to carry on a correspondence. Kate becomes the girl Tyler wants to come home to while she is pressured by her family to reconsider her broken marriage plans.

Family secrets are revealed from the past regarding a young Marine and Kate’s mother which brings both heartache and a sense of clarity as old loves are unearthed. From the grave, a Marine’s love letters from the past affect the new love between Kate and Tyler in the present. And when Kate’s life is endangered, will Tyler be the man to save her without sacrificing his own?
Excerpt
Friday couldn’t come fast enough for Tyler. He boarded the plane from San Diego and in just under two hours touched down at Schulz International Airport. Kate ran to him as soon as he entered the small terminal. He dropped his bag and accepted her body slam willingly. 
His heart was overjoyed. He’d been heavy with worry she’d call him and postpone their get together, and he’d have to go out of country without being with her one more time. 
Her lips were urgent. She clung to him with fierce need, which was just about the biggest turn-on and something he hadn’t dared to dream was possible. He felt her need match and melt into his as the steamy sparks flew and his hands smoothed over her satin skin. 
Her sweet softness and fresh scent given up to him so willingly, so utterly compliant made him wish somehow his deployment was over, that this was the homecoming he’d get when he could finally stay for more than just two nights. 
Two little nights! It’s all they had left. He wanted to see everything about where she grew up, meet her folks. Even take a good look at her asshole of a former fiancé and let him know that he was the man he’d have to answer to if the guy had any designs on her. Of course, he was all in. And, thank the God of SEALs, it looked like she wanted him right there next to her as tight as they could get. 
“Baby it was way too long. We should just go runaway,” he kissed into her hair at the side of her head. “We could disappear. Wanna disappear?” 
That little giggle as she snuggled under his chin, as her arms came up his back, pulling him into her. Her fingers migrated to comb through the curls at the top of his spine, stroking and squeezing. Her hard pubic bone rode his shaft through his jeans. He pressed her there, hurting with need, and then just hurting. 
“If you weren’t the man I know you to be, Tyler, I’d take you up on it. God I wish I had a few million stashed away somewhere so we could just do that. But we have this.” She stood on tiptoes and placed her succulent lips across his.
“And this is pretty damned good, baby.” 
“The best.”
With one arm wrapped tight about her waist he practically carried her through the glass doors of the terminal to the parking lot beyond, slinging his bag over his left shoulder. 
Her feet barely touched the floor. She hung onto his shoulders, using her right thigh to gently balance against his hipbone as he walked. She wasn’t light, but he’d carry her all the way to San Francisco if she’d let him.  And heck, he and his buddies had carried telephone poles up and down the goddamned beach in a full run in combat boots without hardly breaking a sweat. 
She’d started to get out her keys and he swiped them from her, giving her another kiss when she showed that fresh smile again. He stowed his bag in the hatch and they drove toward the freeway, heading north. 
He found the little town of Healdsburg to be charming, reminding him of some of the villages in the South of France, or New England where shops surrounded a lawn square complete with a gazebo and park benches. The square was a gathering place, and he noted the foot traffic was so thick, maneuvering the car to make a right turn as she had instructed, was tricky. 
they drove down a wide street with grand houses, most of them early California or large bungalow style. At a light green mansion, she ordered him to turn right and pointed around the corner to the back of the property, where he located a lemon yellow cottage.
“Nice, Kate. Love it.” 
“Thank you.” She said bashfully.  He could see she was thinking about what they’d be doing just as soon as he got them properly naked. He liked that she was shy, that her cheeks had that just-kissed blush on her fair peachy skin. She stole little glances at him which set his insides on fire. He’d never wanted a woman more.

Carly's One Question
Today I'm thrilled to be welcoming an amazing author, Sharon Hamilton, to my blog for the very first time! I must admit that I'm fangirling just a little bit Sharon, as I've been following your SEAL series since the beginning. I love the complex personalities you write for your characters; there is always so much more to them than the stereotypical cookie cutter/alpha male soldier that is so often seen. My question is, why are you so passionate about writing military romance and Navy SEALS in particular?

Sharon: I like writing Navy SEAL heroes because, in my opinion, they are the best of the best. Starting from a group of young recruits, say 200 or so of them in a typical class, they usually graduate less than 10% of them. Not that there is anything wrong with the 90% that don’t graduate, but the ones who make it have the combination of physical and mental characteristics it takes to become a SEAL. They are strong, but they never give up. They will lay down their lives to protect the innocent.

Isn't that what a true hero is? And unlike guys with “capes and special powers” these are ordinary men, called to do a job few others can do. Here is the Navy SEAL Code, and I read it several times while I’m writing a new SEAL story, and always just before I begin a new one. Hope you find some of it useful. 
The SEAL Code
• Loyalty to Country, Team and Teammate
• Serve with Honor and Integrity On and Off the Battlefield
• Ready to Lead, Ready to Follow, Never Quit
• Take responsibility for your actions and the actions of your teammates
• Excel as Warriors through Discipline and Innovation
• Train for War, Fight to Win, Defeat our Nation’s Enemies
• Earn your Trident everyday

United States Navy SEAL
In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed.

Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life.

I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men.

Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.

We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.

We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me – my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.

We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.

Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail.

Author Profile

SEAL - Author PhotoSharon’s award-winning almost-erotic Navy SEAL stories of the SEAL Brotherhood, have consistently made best sellers lists and review sites. Her characters follow a spicy road to redemption through passion and true love. Her SEAL Brotherhood Series continues with books 5, 6 and 7 all releasing this year, as well as audio versions currently completed for the first four of the series. She has been an Amazon top 100 author in Romantic Suspense since last fall.

Her Golden Vampires of Tuscany are not like any vamps you’ve read before, since they don’t have to go to ground and can walk around in the full light of the sun. Honeymoon Bite, Book 1 of the Golden Vampires of Tuscany Series was recently named the #1 Gothic Romance by Amazon. It is now available on Audible.
Her Guardian Angels struggle with the human charges they are sent to save, often escaping their vanilla world of Heaven for the brief human one. You won’t find any of these beings in any Sunday school class.

She lives in Sonoma County, California with her husband, and two Dobermans. A lifelong organic gardener, when she’s not writing, she’s getting vera vera dirty in the mud, or wandering Farmer’s Markets looking for new Heirloom varieties of vegetables and flowers.
Website - Blog - Shelfari 
Other Books In The Series
Accidental SEAL – Buy From Amazon
Fallen SEAL Legacy - Buy From Amazon
SEAL Under Covers - Buy From Amazon
SEAL The Deal - Buy From Amazon

Tour Organized By:
myfamilyheartbutton

10 comments:

  1. Great post today Carly, love your question for Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog, Carly. Thanks so much for hosting me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, Sharon! Squeeee!!!! :D Your SEALS are amazing.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing Sharon and her yummy Seals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should have seen me jumping up and down... "Sharon Hamilton's coming to MY blog! You know who SHE is, right? The author of my favorite SEAL books?" (My poor husband thought I had lost my mind!)

      Delete
  4. Sharon, you've put a lot of research and dedication into getting to know your SEALS and showing them in a true light. That puts you at the top of my list for 'Special Forces/Military Romance'. As a veteran I'd like to say, thanks for YOUR service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Tyler and his letters to Kate! He is such a sweetheart! I loved it Sharon and can't wait to read the next one! Thanks for hosting Sharon and her Seals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing - have a special spot in my heart for SEALs

    ReplyDelete