Monday, July 28, 2014

My First, My Last by Lacey Silks: Review, Top 10, Excerpt & More!



 Fate has kept them apart for twenty years.
Their roads hadn't crossed and the stars didn't align until now...

Matured, more experienced, pierced, tattooed and hot as hell, Adrian steps back into Mia's life to reclaim his first love.

And the moment she sees him she can't even remember her own name.

Adrian Reed had always remained in Mia's heart. After all, he was her first boyfriend and the man she'd lost her virginity to, but that was twenty years ago. His sudden appearance at a bar, on a girls night out, has Mia acting like the fifteen year old girl she was when they parted.

But life now is not as simple as it was twenty years ago. With two kids, a hopeful ex-husband and new insecurities, Mia finds opening up to a new relationship more challenging.

Will she give her first love another chance, or will she push him away, this time for good?
Excerpt
Inside the bathroom, an oversized bath had been filled with steaming water. Dozens of candles lit the space, their vanilla essence mixing with a flowery aroma.

Stray bubbles lifted into the air as he sat me down on the edge of the tub. “Care to take a bath with me?”

“I’d love to.” I lowered my feet into the lilac suds before submerging my body.

Adrian sat behind me, his legs resting at the sides of mine. I leaned back against his chest.

“This is a first too,” I said to him. We’d never taken a bath together before.

“It’s the first of our many firsts. We should start a journal. First time we kissed, first time we made love, first time you came in my arms—”

“First time my dream came true.” I took his hand, weaving my fingers with his.

“You dreamt about me?”

“All the time.” I twisted my head to the side, looking up at him. “Especially in the not-so-happy moments of my life.”

“Why then?” He lowered his hands to my shoulders and began a massage. His fingers rubbed my neck, slowly untying small knots.

“Because every moment I’d spent with you was a happy one. It was my safe place to escape to.” I closed my eyes, letting my head loll forward. Whatever he was doing to my neck and spine with his fingers was working its way down my body like a sleeping potion until he stopped and my eyes flew open.

“I’m not going to let you fall asleep on me,” he said, reaching for the soft soap. He poured a few dabs onto a sponge.

“Really? What are we going to do?” I asked with sarcasm.

“Well, I think I’ve had enough of vanilla for today.” He rubbed the sponge on my arms and my front, just above my breasts in delightful patterns. The scrub coaxed that earnest longing out of its dreamy state.

My hands rested on his thighs and my fingers mimicked the circular motion of his wash along his skin, making creamy patterns over the dark hair on his thighs. He drew the sponge down my neck and I cocked my head to the side. The warm water dripped off and cascaded down my breasts. My nipples bunched up into little stones.

“I like vanilla,” I whispered. “You’re so good at it.”

“Hhm, I don’t think you’ve tried other flavors, then.” He lowered his hand to my breast and pinched my nipple. The zap of delightful pain surged down my stomach, turning into a tingling between my legs.

“What makes you think I haven’t?” I leaned to the other side as he swept the sponge over the plushier part of my chest to the other shoulder. When he switched hands, my other nipple experienced the same crisp pinch. And what happened between my legs at that simple touch ignited me. My ass moved a little against his hardening shaft.

“Ones with sprinkles on top?” He nibbled on my ear. His hot breath trailed to my cheek. Adrian was making concentrating much more difficult with his lips on my skin. I closed my eyes as he whispered, “Colorful ones that taste like fireworks.”

“How do fireworks taste?” I asked, thinking I’d just felt their spark down under the water.

“Very, very orgasmic.”

Review
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I enjoyed Mia and Adrian's story because it was sweet and still sexy.

They had found a good thing in each other when they were young. Like a lot of young people, they didn't seem to fully appreciate their relationship, and let it slip away. Sometimes that happens to all of us.
When they get a second chance at love, it isn't perfect, because no one person ever is, but they have both grown, matured and changed. The memories of the past are combined with new memories of the future and they have the opportunity to ask themselves "what if" and take a chance to see where the golden road called maybe takes them. Sometimes the past doesn't make people bitter, it just makes them better.

I thought My First, My Last was a well written story and easy to read. It didn't capture my emotions, or keep me on pins and needles, but it was entertaining and light. I would recommend this story to readers who are looking for an easy read with a slower pace and lack of overwhelming angst. Sometimes a sweet story, with just a bit of spice, is exactly what I'm looking for.
.

Ten Fun Facts
About Lacey Silks 

1. Although very shy in life Lacey’s dream was once to be an actress. As a teenager, Lacey took on the work of an extra in movies and TV shows. She’s been lucky enough to meet Shirley Maclaine, Ricki Lake, Brendan Fraser, Jerry O’Connell, Matthew Broderick and Marlon Brando. 

2. Lacey has a secret crush on actor, dancer and singer Derek Hough (it’s not a big secret so she doesn’t mind sharing this). She recently had the chance to watch Derek and Julianne Hough perform on their Move on Live Tour and came within 10 feet of him when he jumped off the stage and ran into the crowd. Lacey nearly fainted, but luckily had her husband by her side for support. 

3. Lacey’s dream vacation is the Atlantis in Bahamas. She hopes to surprise her family with the trip within the next couple of years. 

4. When writing My First, My Last Lacey used her own name, her hubby’s name and her first boyfriend’s name in the manuscript later replacing the names with current characters. She fully imagined herself in Mia’s shoes, making some scenes quite difficult and emotional to write. 

5. Lacey likes to take risks (not life risks). She doesn’t like the sentence “This can’t be done” and believes there’s always a way out of a difficult situation. 

6. The mention of flying or going on a plane gives Lacey goose bumps. Actually, that's a lie: it makes her want to throw up. She has an unbelievable fear of flying that has developed after the birth of her kids. She will stay buckled up the entire flight, will not go to the bathroom and will pray during take-off and landing. Please be gentle if you ever find yourself sitting next to her. 

7. Joking around is part of Lacey’s daily routine. She will prank her family, giggle on the floor and snort if there is a need. 

8. At twenty, Lacey shared a bottle of Goldschlager with her best friend on a New Years Eve and hasn’t touched it since. She's not sure how she remembers that. 

9. Lacey has a long bucket list she’s been crossing off for years. Some of the items she’s done: Vacationed in Jamaica, swam with dolphins, rode a horse on a beach (and in the ocean). Outstanding: Las Vegas, Tour of Europe, Australia, Bahamas, having a small roll in a movie. While she may not be able to cross everything off in her lifetime, dreaming big is part of who she is. 

10. Lacey’s first boyfriend actually does live in Vienna, Austria (as described in My First, My Last), has a barbell piercing in his brow and a tattoo on his right arm. He is a good friend of hers and Lacey thinks he blushed when she told him about My First, My Last. Although they keep in touch, she hasn’t seen him (other than via Skype) in 20 years. 

Bonus Fun Fact: Just like her character Mia, Lacey suffers from Vasovagal syndrome. Her symptoms usually surface before and after any kind of medical procedure, no matter how minute. 


Author Profile
Author of Erotic Romance, Lacey Silks writes her stories from life experiences, dreams and fantasies. She likes a pinkish shade on a woman’s cheeks, men with large feet and sexy lingerie, especially when it’s torn off the body. Her favorite piece of clothing is a birthday suit.

When she’s not thinking about writing steamy stories, which is a rare occasion, Lacey enjoys camping and skiing with her family (not at the same time of course). She’s a happily married wife blessed with two kids who adore going to the library. She’s an early bird by nature, but loves the nightly adventures with her hubby which provide good content for her books.


Sign up for Lacey’s newsletter to receive an email about future releases.
Giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment