Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Obsessions by Bryce Evans: Author Interview & Book Soundtrack


Obsessions

(Alpha City, Book 1)
by Bryce Evans



My review: 5 of 5 stars
Best friends, Zoe and London bonded on the very first day of college. Looking to experience life away from the watchful eye of her brother and pack Alpha, Ryder, Zoe is determined to try every "normal" activity that college has to offer, and is dragging the normally quiet London along for the ride!

Ryder tries to resist the pull he feels for his troublesome younger sister's roomage, London, but when the girls arrive in Alpha City, determined to continue their friendship as they build a business together, they find themselves targeted by an unknown threat. Determined to protect his sister and the woman he can't help but fantasize about, Ryder feels the walls around his heart start to crumble.

Bryce Evans offers her readers a captivating paranormal romance with action, adventure, and a unique storytelling voice that captured my imagination from the very first page!

The characters are thoroughly developed and emotionally engaging. Bryce Evans' well written storyline introduces readers to the first book of what I hope will become a long and multi-titled series. The diverse world of the shifters, magical elements, and human experiences are delicately balanced and expertly blended in a way that flows seamlessly!

As a fan of her previous series, I was expecting to enjoy this latest effort, but was unprepared for how completely absorbed I became while reading Obsessions. If you think that you've read everything the paranormal genre has to offer, think again, and buy this book!



Bryce's Obsessions Soundtrack


Author Interview
Today I’m making a looooong overdue welcome to my friend, and author, Bryce Evans! She’s here to talk about her latest book, Obsessions (Alpha City, Book 1), which was released last month. We bonded over our mutual love of rural emergencies and hot alpha males. Who doesn't love stupid criminals and hot shifters, right? When Bryce told me she was starting a new series I couldn’t wait to read it, as I’m a huge, and I mean HUGE fan!

Carly: Hello Bryce! *waves ecstatically* Publishing Obsessions was a new experience for you, as it’s the first book you have self-published! What made you decide to give self-publishing a try?

Bryce: I have always wanted to try and do it myself. I knew I had the contacts and a lot of help from a lot of authors who had already done it and were happy to help me out. Plus, you get all the rewards. LOL. 

Carly: You’re no stranger to wolves, vampires and witches; as they have all been featured in your previous books, but with Obsessions you really pulled out all the stops! You've got wolves, bears, tigers, panthers, and jaguars popping up all over the place; not to mention a pretty awesome witch that keeps everyone on their toes. How difficult was it for you to include so many paranormal species all at the same time?

Bryce: I love to bring in more characters that will be introduced at a later date. Alpha City is exactly that-a city full of shifters, and I think you should have different types of shifters, so you can showcase all of them. Each have their own book and will be introduced in each book. Sometimes you will see some of the Alpha's more in one book then the other, but you will see them all one way or another. But between you and me Carly, it is hard to do that, because you don't want to head hop too much. 

Carly: I loved a lot of things about this book, but what really impressed me is the unique way you approached the story building process. You've got so many strong character interactions and relationships, in addition to the main characters! While Obsessions tells a complete story in its own right, it obviously not the end of the series. Who can we expect to hear from in book two? I know the rest of your fans have GOT to be dying for a little teaser to carry them through until it’s published, because I sure am. Pretty please!

Bryce: The 2nd book is about the Panther Alpha, Kayden Lynn, and Zoey Malone. I'm in the final stages of writing it now, and hope you guys will love it as much as I have. 

Thank you Carly, for having me today. I appreciate all your support. Keep Reading everyone, and see you next time.

Carly: Thank you for stopping by, and I look forward to having you back soon with another new release!

Author Profile

Bryce is a mother, a writer, and a wife who loves to escape to the world she built in the Ashland Pack. She burst onto the publishing scene with a hit in The Trinity. I'm always writing and talking to people who have the same tastes as I do. I work for JK Publishing and I absolutely love it.

I'm a wife to a great hubby and mother to three beautiful children. I love to read books and write about places that come together in my head. I try to write about what I know and usually you will find some law enforcement in my books.

I make strong characters that I want to see succeed in life. I always write a happy ending. I have to guys. I put a lot of tragedy in my books and then give them the much needed break they need to be successful. Stop by my website, I would love to hear from you.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Bryce. Thanks for the chance. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bryce! I love all shifters, but wolves and big cats are my favorite. This book sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Bryce. My favorite shifter is a wolf and a vampire is 2nd. I think its because of their alpha and possessive ways. Thanks for the give away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Bryce! My favoorite shifter is the wolf. I think they are sexy and I love the pack closeness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi :) I love the Wolf because there just the perfect balance between beautiful and strong .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bryce! I don't have a favorite shifter. I know so many use wolves but with this interview I am very intrigued to see all these new shifters. I love Carlos reviews and if she says it was awesome, I put it on my wishlist! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello everyone and thank you for dropping by Carl's blog. I too like wolves and bears as my favorite shifter, but I had this idea about a place where all shifters were welcomed. I think you will like where the story is going. Because now dragons will make their place in book 2.
    Please let me know what you think of the story when you read it. I love to talk and can be found in the evening since I work full time. But hit me up a nd let's chat.
    Thank you Carly for giving me a chance to introduce myself to your crew. It's been great.
    Keep reading and see you soon.
    Bryce Evans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Carly. I'm on my dawn phone and the freaking spell check got your name wrong. I did catch mine when it corrected me as Bruce. Lol. Love ya girl and again thanks.
      Bryce Evans

      Delete
    2. See it want even put cuss words in. Lol

      Delete
  9. Hello! I don't know if I have a favorite shifter; I like them all! If I absolutely had to pick, however, I guess it would be the big cats since I tend to see wolves more frequently. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete