Saturday, September 27, 2014

Claimed by Light by Reese Monroe: Guest Post

Claimed by Light
(Bound by Hades, Book 3)
by Reese Monroe

Forgiveness softens even the hardest of hearts…

College senior Slade Bennet is so close to his degree he can taste it…until his sister becomes tangled with a coven of demons and he must trade his soul to save her. But first he must kill the assigned target: a sexually charged beauty who ignites his protective instinct.

After the devastating loss of her Companion, the last thing Halena Girard can stomach is the emotional connection to a Mate. She lives for only two things: vanquishing demons, and seeking Artifacts rumored to lead to Lucifer’s downfall. That is, until she’s attacked by a…frat boy? Worse, a newly-demonic frat boy wearing the mark of her Mate. 

Halena would rather kill Slade than give him her heart. Unfortunately, the only way Slade can find his sister and Halena the Artifacts is to work together. As they face the darkest of evil, Slade’s ability to crush Halena’s carefully erected walls might prove to be the most lethal battle of all.

Top Five Best Desserts Ever
by Reese Monroe
I try to eat well. If you follow me online, you see my posts for biking miles and miles each week. But I still treat myself, that’s for sure. I live vicariously through some of my characters, though, when it comes to eating. 
I mean, they're fictional, so eating a pound of chocolate doesn't end up on their hips… 
You might notice some of my characters have favorite foods they like, so yeah, that might be a little bit of an extension of me…
So here are my top five most favorite desserts. :)
#5:  Frozen Yogurt. We have a place near us call Razzleberry. I just LOVE going there with my hubby and loading up on the cookie dough toppings. But I always only get Salted Caramel Yogurt! That’s the best!
#4:  Big chocolate chip cookies: The place I work has a coffee shop, and each week they make the BIGGEST chocolate chip cookies EVER. Just love them. I’m a self-proclaimed cookie monster for sure!
#3:  Lemon Bars: They’re just plain SWEET! Love them. 
#2:  Snickers Blizzard: In chocolate ice cream. :) The more chocolate the better, right?
#1:  Cheesecake. Plain of course. Can’t be ruining it with anything on top. 
Oh, and I can’t forget to mention Malted Milk Balls from Sprouts. They have, like, a ½ inch of chocolate around the malted milk ball. They are a rare treat for sure. After a 100-mile bike ride…  :)
What’s some of your favorite desserts? Pictures are encouraged!
Forged by Fate (Bound by Hades, Book 1)
Marked by Hades (Bound by Hades, Book 2)
Originally from Minnesota, Reese Monroe currently enjoys living in the sunny Arizona desert with her husband of seventeen years and her loveable Shetland Sheepdog, Maddux. Monroe holds a degree in psychology from Southwest Minnesota State University and a master's degree from the University of Iowa. When she’s not busy writing her next trilogy, she can be found pounding the pavement, training for her next endurance event.
Connect with Reese on Twitter or her Website.
*OVER* 

1 comment: