Sunday, September 14, 2014

Appearances by T.M. Smith: Guest Post & Playlist

Appearances
(Opposites Series, Book 2)
by T.M. Smith
Genre: New Adult, Dystopian (M/M, F/F, M/F)
Appearances, can be deceiving.

Raven and Tanis are trying very hard to merge their vastly different lifestyles, but Tanis issues with his own past could prove to be more than their fragile relationship can handle. Is their love for each other strong enough to weather the oncoming storm?

Aiya and Sawyer have fought hard to be together in a world where Opposite relationships are generally forbidden. Yet, they are still forced to keep their relationship a secret while they are outside the walls of House Gaeland.

Everyone assumes that the only threat lies outside their walls, the group of rebels led by Cillian. But something is happening within House Gaeland, something that hasn’t happened since GWI. And with all the attention focused on that, their guard is down. An evil that was under their nose all along strikes, and someone will make the ultimate sacrifice to save another.

Appearances is the second book in the Opposites series, the series should be read in order. **Warning, Opposites is an Adult Dystopian majorly M/M series that contains explicit sexual content and relationships between gay, lesbian and straight couples.**
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21952171-appearances
Hello everyone, Aiyan here, stopping by to share my playlist with you today. For those who don’t know me, I’m Aiyan of House Gaeland, husband to Kaden of House Devi. I’m wicked fast with my crossbow, deadly with a sword and nimble with my violin. I love to do anything outdoors, whether it’s hunting or walking through the garden, playing in the garden or making out in the moonlight

I get the question a lot, why the violin? When Aiya and I were younger and our parents thought to teach us music, they took us into the Hall at House Gaeland and asked us to choose. There was no wrong answer, just feel each instrument and pick one that calls to you. I’ll never forget Aiya’s little legs running toward that Piano, her feet dangling way above the ground when dad helped her up onto the bench. Mom says it’s because Aiya had already shown a talent for singing, so her mind related to the music and the notes that are hidden in the keys.

It took me a little while longer to choose. I was fascinated with Dad’s flute, the way he covered the holes in the instrument to make the music. I also liked he guitar though, but at the time, didn’t like the enormity of its size as I recall. The violin seemed like a guitar, just on a smaller scale to my young mind. It took a bit of practice, but Raven had already mastered it and I remember just sitting and watching him for hours. The harsh beauty of the notes he could tear from the strings was both riveting and entrancing.

Now, I can’t imagine not being able to play. It’s almost therapeutic, the ability to pour my emotions out with the music. And I do love the way Kaden looks when he watches me play, it’s very… arousing. I thought I would share a few of mine and Kaden’s favorite songs with you guys today.
Of course, Rain on The Pond is one of my all time favorite songs. Aiya and I compliment each other so well when playing, not to mention the way Kaden looked at me the first time he heard me playing it.
Claire de Lune is a go to piece for me. It’s just so beautiful and simplistic, it always clears my head.
The classics are a must in my home, and you can’t get more classical than Beethoven!
One of my mom, Maya's, favorite tunes to hear me play is Csardas.
Kaden really loves it when I put a lot of emotion into the music, I could play Beyond the Veil for him everyday and he’d be satisfied.
And of course, Raven and I still get a chance to play from time to time.

Thanks for having me over today Carly, I hope you’ll all go grab a copy of Appearances and see what happened when Kaden took me home to meet his people. It was a very, enlightening experience, to say the least.
Appearances (Book 2)
Opposites (Book 1)

(Paperback)
The Library (Book 1.5)
military brat born and raised at Ft. Benning Georgia; Smith is an avid reader, reviewer and writer. She now calls Texas home from her small town on the outskirts of the DFW Metroplex. Most days you can find her curled up with her kindle and a good book alongside a glass of something aged and red or a steaming cup of coffee!

At 42 years young, she's decided to enter the next phase of her life by adding the title of "author" to her list of accomplishments that includes single mom of three disturbingly outspoken and decidedly different kids, one of which is Autistic. Smith is an outspoken advocate for Autism and equal rights for the LGBTQ community.

Her Opposites series is based outside the normal parameters of social acceptability, examining a 'what if'... What If to be gay or lesbian were the norm? What if to be straight labeled you as an Opposite and made YOU the Outkast?

No comments:

Post a Comment