“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
― Bill Watterson (Author of my favorite comic strip, "Calvin and Hobbes")
The most unexpected thing happened to me today, I found myself with absolutely nothing scheduled for posting. So here I am, sitting in front of my computer with time on my hands. Huh. What should I do with this unexpected window of opportunity? I certainly could post a review or two; there are lots of books that I've read but haven't reviewed yet. I could do nothing and use my time to read a book or two on my long list of titles that I want to review but haven't had the time to read. The last idea I had turned out to be the winner. I'm going to use this time to let you all in on some of the exciting things that are coming up here on the blog and in my life!
- We're getting a make-over! The fabulous Lex Valentine of Winterheart Design has put her creative hat on and is giving me the professional help I obviously need. Look forward to lots of purple and butterflies! They are my totem animal because, like me, they appear to be fragile but are surprisingly strong and resilient. In fact, my first tattoo was of a purple butterfly.
- Jamie Lake has invited me to stop by his blog for an interrogat... I mean interview. It will be posted next week, and I've gotten some fabulous questions from him! I'm going to be dishing on topics from my favorite books, things I'm passionate about, and what makes me unique. I thought it was extremely generous of him to describe me as "unique" when everyone knows that I'm as "special" as a one-man-band in a library! =)
- The biggest news is that I'm going to be published!
- Slated for publication on January 19th, 2015 Lucky Like That is a contemporary M/M romantic comedy about Ethan, a young man who is hilariously unlucky. His unwanted life motto is that "if it can go wrong, it will go wrong." I hope you will laugh yourselves silly over Ethan and his wacky family as he meets Andrew and embarks on a journey towards love that's filled with misadventures.
- On March 10th, 2015 Awakening Tohren my science fiction M/M romantic novella will be published. It tells the story of Zander, a young(ish) male who has been mapping the topography of planet v16943 for the last 35 years. The Tohren race lives a sense and color deprived life until matched with an assigned biological mate and their microbes activate. Zander won't have a mate chosen for him until he reaches 150 years of age and doesn't know what to do when his microbes are unexpectedly activated... by another male.